Our client, a leader in their industry, is adding a Revenue Analyst to their evolving Finance organization, comprised of three financial business units (Canada, the US, and Europe). Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Revenue Analyst is an individual who seizes opportunities, takes the initiative, and is delighted to build out our forecasting and data mining abilities; someone who wants to take a great team to the next level. This is a role for someone who wants to manage relationships and collaborate closely across the organization with a focus on maximizing revenue, identifying revenue control risks and implementing revenue control plans.
Our client is seeking an insightful influencer who can inspire a harmonious forward-thinking culture and be a central source for information and guidance around best processes and future planning. They need someone who can rapidly pivot; work closely with Sales and build out the department’s capabilities; a Revenue Analyst who understands this is an active individual contributor role in a dynamic environment working closely with the VP of Finance.
What’s in it for you
- Ownership, influence, and impact. This is a chance to autonomously make decisions, create strategies and processes, and execute those plans. It’s a chance to truly make your mark very quickly. You will gain insights into the inner workings of a global corporation. You will have regular facetime with the CEO and CFO as you play a critical role in building out the financial strategy that will increase their strength and presence in the market.
- Career development. You will have a chance to progress quickly within the smaller FP&A function. This is a growing team that extends its reach into Operations and the greater commercial strategy.
The new Revenue Analyst will focus on:
- Be a leader. You will ensure technical, financial excellence and accuracy as you play a significant role in our data mining and reporting evolution, paving the way forward for the organization.
- Identify, plan, lead and implement key processes. You will drive the implementation of pivotal processes and policies. You will assist in the development of Planning, Financial Forecasting and Analytics tools.
- Develop key business performance insights. You will analyze the current and historical trends in key financial performance indicators for the Sales and Marketing Business Unit including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and cash from operations.
- Improve financial performance. You will exemplify excellence in continuous improvement (CI). You will identify opportunities and embed best financial analysis practices within the business. You will work with the FP&A team to evaluate financial processes and drive efficiencies of various corporate and initiatives and projects.
- Report. You will collaborate with planning and management teams in FP&A and assist with preparation of annual financial targets. You will provide the executive leadership with weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, as well as variance analysis and monthly intercompany revenue reports for the business. You will identify risks and opportunities to assist with decision making.
The new Revenue Analyst has:
- The education and experience. You have a university degree in Business, Finance or Economics and 1 to 3 years of post-graduate experience in revenue management or financial analysis. You have strong analytical skills including the ability to transform raw data into actionable insights and tell a compelling story that enables informed decision making and attention to detail to identify and resolve issues in an efficient and effective manner. You have demonstrated strengths in financial analysis, business intelligence and market research.
- The technical skills. You are an Excel Superuser and have hands-on experience with an ERP system; ideally migrating from manual to automation in ERP.
- The exceptional communication. You are well spoken and can build internal and external relationships across any level of an organization. You can compose clear, concise business emails and documents with ease. You are curious and creative in developing recommendations to complex challenges.
Our client is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.