Our client, a leader in their industry, is adding a Key Account Manager to their Manhattan team. This is an opportunity to own all aspects of your account(s) and assigned portfolio with exceptional customer service skills and strong project management capabilities. In this role, you will develop and manage design, development, and the sales/project funnel; ensuring projects are delivered on time and in full.
What’s in it for you
Opportunity. This is the next step in your career for someone with experience managing accounts from a sales or visual merchandising perspective. You enjoy leveraging the creative process to drive solution, revenue and margin expansion.
Accelerated career trajectory. As we build our teams, you will have the opportunity to run a full-service team, grow your career skill set, and work with different brands and accounts.
What our new Key Account Manager will do:
- Lead a team. Provide leadership for your team through performance feedback and coaching, forecasting, training, project management, motivation, and priorities.
- Identify opportunities for sales growth. Dive into the needs of the client and provide innovation and project management support to grow our relationship with them.
- Manage and lead projects. Provide end-to-end oversight on the project and support as needed to remove obstacles and meet deadlines. Lead meetings, assign resources, conduct forecasting and analysis, generate reports, and manage any issues/client concerns.
- Develop a full understanding of the client's brand. Work closely with client contacts to record requirements and communicate those across the business.
The skills you bring as a Key Account Manager:
- The education. You have a university degree in Business Administration, Industrial Design, Engineering, Marketing or a related field. A Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Design is preferred. PMP Certification is highly preferred.
- The experience. You have progressive project management and/or technical experience. You have:
- High attention to detail to successfully deliver multiple projects simultaneously, giving direction to cross-functional teams.
- Ability to develop and grow the account through excellence in execution and outstanding relationship management.
- Exposure to manufacturing processes is beneficial. You are comfortable on a manufacturing floor.
- People management skills. You have a tolerance for ambiguity and can frame opportunities for synergy and integration. You can effectively motivate a team while prioritizing and keeping your eye on sizeable, concurrent deliverables.
- The drive. You manage deadlines, client expectations, and plan and prioritize deliverables with your client and internal teams. You look beyond the obvious and keep pushing to find the answers. You take the initiative to solve difficult problems with rigorous logic and methods.
- The technical skills. You have expertise using project management tools and MS Office Suite. You embrace learning new technologies. You have expertise in project management, design, engineering and/or cost estimation.
- The flexibility. You have a valid passport and can travel if needed.
Our client is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.