Who we need
Our professional services client with a nationwide presence is looking for a Payroll Specialist. This is an opportunity for a technically savvy, customer service oriented Payroll Specialist to hit the ground running, processing a large volume payroll for employees in multiple provinces. It’s a chance to take on special payroll alignment projects, decrease the internal turn-around time for communications, and reinforce best practices and processes.
Who you are
You are a payroll professional with 5+ years of payroll processing experience focused on the administration of earnings, deductions and accruals. You have in-depth knowledge of regulatory payroll tax and legislative requirements, including applicable taxable benefits for multiple provinces. You are adaptable, deadline-driven, solutions-focused, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
As a Payroll Specialist, you will:
- Process and reconcile payroll every two weeks. You will accurately and efficiently process payroll including commissions, with 50-100 entries on a bi-weekly basis. You will:
- Account for varying hourly and salaried rates and provincial deductions.
- Record and reconcile payroll and compensation-related entries into an HRIS.
- Act as a point of contact. You will assist and support employees::
- Investigate and respond to written and telephone inquiries from employees, supervisors, managers, and service providers on issues affecting payroll in a timely manner.
- Provide paperwork including forms and reports as requested and required by varying internal and external parties.
- Support. You will provide backup support, and carry out ad-hoc tasks.
What you bring:
- The education and experience. You have a relevant diploma or degree and 5+ years of experience processing payroll in a fast-paced work environment, including year-end. You have experience preparing detailed analyses of payroll-related data, a respect for the confidential nature of the data you have access to and an understanding of Canadian payroll compliance and related legislation (CRA, ESA, WSIB, EHT, Privacy). A PCP or CPM designation would be ideal.
- The technical skills. You have advanced MS Office skills, HRIS knowledge and an ERP payroll system is acceptable.
- The analytical and communication skills. Your written and verbal skills are outstanding. You have strengths in problem-solving and critical thinking. You treat everyone with respect and answer all payroll inquiries in less than one business day.
If you would like to learn more or apply for this role, please submit your resume and qualifications here.
Our client is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. They are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.